6TH – 12TH GRADES
6th – 8th Grades: Meet in the LHC Kids Building – 6:30pm
9th – 12th Grades: Meet in the Worship Center – 7:00pm
The student ministry at Lake Hills Church includes high caliber worship and powerful teaching. We connect the students in small groups with leaders who can enhance their relationship with God. We offer excellent camps and events that are safe and exhilarating while teaching God’s word in a relevant way!Contact Us for More Info!
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!!! Winter Retreat 2017 back and better than ever! This weekend is a time for all high school students to pack up and get away from the busyness of everyday life to focus on growing closer to God. LHC high school students will head to T Bar M Camp in beautiful New Braunfels, Texas for the weekend. This time will be a packed with fun opportunities to grow in your personal relationship with God and have a blast with other high school students. We promise that all students leaving this event will move on to a life that shines bright and one that is on fire for the next adventure!
Cost includes 2 nights lodging, transportation, 4 meals (3 Saturday, breakfast on Sunday), awesome speakers, fun games, amazing worship, t-shirt, and MORE!
Spots are limited to the first 50 students, so sign up now!
October 2 – November 28, 2016
In life, our High School students are expected to lead in their homes, schools, teams, and communities. The Spur Leadership Academy is designed to provide them with the tools they need to live with purpose, confidence, and integrity.
This fall, our Spur Leadership Academy Workshops will take place at Lake Hills Church from 12:30-2:00pm on Sunday afternoons. During these 9 weeks, students will be engaged and challenged with a highly practical message and application as well as given the tools necessary to succeed.
Please review the schedule and requirements. Scholarship requests and questions may be referred to Jeanette Ramirez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- October 2 – COMMITMENT WORKSHOP: Purposeful Living
- October 9 – INTEGRITY/PERSONAL MISSION STATEMENT WORKSHOP: Making-Keeping-Delivering
- October 16 – COMMUNICATION WORKSHOP: Clear-Confident-Concise
- October 23 – TEAM LEADERSHIP WORKSHOP: Follow-Collaborate-Lead (Extended, 2-4pm)
- October 30 – RESUME & INTERVIEW WORKSOP: Selling Yourself in a Professional Environment
- October 28 – SPUR LEADERSHIP BREAKFAST
- November 6 – PRIORITIES WORKSHOP: Define-Simplify-Manage
- November 13 – HUMILITY WORKSHOP: Authority-Honor-Respect
- November 14-20 – EXIT INTERVIEWS (Students will schedule a 15 minute interview during this time)
- November 28 – GRADUATION (Monday Evening 6-8:30pm)
- Spur Leadership Academy Curriculum and Notebook
- Signed Diploma of Completion
- Professional Resume & Cover Letter
- Interview Practice with Local Business Leaders
- Free entry into October 2016 Spur Leadership event
- Invitation to Spur LA Alumni Events and to apply for the Spur Internship Program through LHC Students
- Enrolled in High School
- Payment ($250.00) and registration submitted by September 18, 2016
- 10 Service Credits From SPUR LA Approved Program
- Attend 7 of 9 Workshops (Absences Completed Online)